• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Foxbody 4.6 Dohc Swap

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Did it bolt right up for you? Which mounting brackets did you use?
no it was a little funky it may not work or it might work great will have to drive it to find out. I figure a man could redrill the holes wider and it would work great, i used the factory brackets on the 01 up bar and the factory mount holes on the fox.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Well i havent been able to do anything to the car lately, been busy trying to get alot of stuff done. As soon as i get back on it i will post up some pics.

vabeachsand

Hell yea I street Race!
Donator
Was re-reading your thread here again. Are you running a the stock computer with this dizzy setup? How hard was the wiring?

Speedtospare

Only issue with running the EEC-IV is that you can only runa base timing. The newer computer allowe you to adjust timing through the entire RPM band.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Was re-reading your thread here again. Are you running a the stock computer with this dizzy setup? How hard was the wiring?
yes i am planning on running the mass air EEC ( A9L ) the wiring is a stock 5.0 harness that was very easy to mod, had to change a couple of plugs out and extend some wires but it was rather simple. When i get the computer i suspect i will have some issues, hopefully nothing major though. Im not gonna run any power adders such as juice or turbo, so the base timing should be just fine for me.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
got some front skins the other day for free, had a ton of tread left. Anyways gonna try to get this thing fired up here in the next couple days.
6A058B10-orig.jpg

3FA24ACB-orig.jpg

Svt Fox

Staff member
Nice! I gotta talk you in to doing the cobra manifold swap! You're leaving 20-30hp on the table.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Nice! I gotta talk you in to doing the cobra manifold swap! You're leaving 20-30hp on the table.
Oh yeah trust me i want one BAD but hate to pay a shit load of money for one, im sure if i will be patient i will find one thats a reasonable price, as of now the headers im running should make up the loss in HP for the intake but i will find one eventually.

Speedtospare

I see Mach 1 intakes go for 350-400 complete on ebay. They flow more than the cobra intakes. I paid 400 for mine and it was brand new.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
picked me up new MSD coil and cap and rotor button today, ECU a battery and some cables should get me really close