• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My 5.4l future X275 ModFox

NightStalker

Found a slight setback this weekend, I have aftermarket valves and springs in this engine and had forgotten when I originally installed them in 2005 that they took a special valve seal... Now I have to reorder the seals before I can install the new MMR Stage 3 turbo cams and reassemble the engine... Got my fuel rails from Lethal Performance (Division X) for Christmas and will get a picture of them up this week sometime...

NightStalker

I actually have 3 turbos sitting in my garage, was going to originally do twins but plans changed so I could run in more "street" classes like X275, their rules and several NMRA classes I would fit into font allow twins but do allow for a single turbo up to 88mm which will be the end goal... I have enough spare parts to assemble another engine to put twins on but only have the 3 cars that are mine, I want to do a twin 5.0 or 5.3 ModFox coupe for auto cross/road racing with the IRS out of my 03 Cobra under it.

Svt Fox

Staff member
Having too many options can be tough! It makes it harder to choose lol!

NightStalker

Especially when all 3 cars are similar chassis and similar engine combos, 2 are 5.4 based one 4.6 based... None stock

NightStalker

Got a nice new coolant plug for the coolant crossover that will make it much easier to bleed the air out of the coolant system today... Will be posting new pics this later this week/weekend as parts start to arrive
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358223824.011474.jpg

NightStalker

Yeah, not ideal but will work till I decide how I would want to fab up my own intake... Better than a stock navi for what I'm doing.

NightStalker

I wouldn't want to use a Shelby intake because there isn't really very good runner lengths, I will be going to a sheet metal intake. The adapter plates will work great till then. I got my torque converter and SFI balancer from UPS today...

Capri_gt

Might I ask where you got those adapter plates? Are you using the navi heads? What kind of intake wil you be using?

NightStalker

They are 4.6 to 5.4 intake adapter plates, I am using a 99-01 Cobra intake for the time being until I know how long of a runner I need/want and how I want to set up a sheet metal intake later. I called Lethal Performance to get them since I know that Jared has them carrying other Reichard Racing products. Yeah my heads are full ported navi heads that I did myself, when I flowed them the intake was flowing right around 300 cfm at .500 if I remember correctly, that was in 2005 that I did that though...

Speedtospare

I wouldn't want to use a Shelby intake because there isn't really very good runner lengths, I will be going to a sheet metal intake. The adapter plates will work great till then. I got my torque converter and SFI balancer from UPS today...

I was referring to the supercharger