• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

ready to go modular part 3

whiteponygt

034.jpg new size53.jpg new size4.jpg new size10.jpg new size15.jpg ok started this swap over a year ago and finally getting close to the end already posted a few pics but im just gonna post from the start to where im at now. I have a 1990 mustang gt that had a tired 5.0 so i pulled it out and started a DOHC swap. I got the motor from a 2003 Lincoln 8 i got the car on a trade for painting a truck.I across a 97 mustang gt wrecked for 300 dollars but didnt wanna do the SOHC motor so i used it at as a donor car for most of my parts hydorboost, wiring harness, K member, fuel lines, computer, transmission, etc. Everything was pretty much straight forward as far as installation goes i did have to cut the holes on the end of the kmember..there are multiple pics on the site of the kmember mod so thats not pictured.

whiteponygt

new size6.jpg new cowl grill.jpg new size30.jpg new size42.jpg DSCN2121.JPG DSCN2124.JPG As far as the body goes i had a few issues i had to address before it was time for the motor i had the hood fly up a few years back bending the cowl i thought about bondo but thats to easy so i cut it loose and replaced it. Worst idea ever but its over and done with now!I had full intentions of doing the new style dash even switching the firewall piece after getting the dash cut and installed, really wasnt a big fan so im gonna trash the new style dash idea and stick with the old.Now time for the motor my first bright idea was LONG TUBES, with some cutting notching and welding i prolly could have made them work but anyone doing the swap knows there are two many other issues to be worrying about the exhaust so im opting out for a set of Mach 1 stock shorties.Im not saying you can use long tubes just saying clearance is an issue. With the motor assembled to the transmission and all the 5.0 crap outta the way i fit the snug 4.6 into its new home.I figured the motor would be alot tighter but in the pic you can see i have a lil room between the motor and the firewall.I thought of running the stock lincoln intake but was never crazy about the look or price i asked a few people on the site here and they filled me in about The Corral, a site of nothing but mustang parts. Once i visited the site and signed in the 3rd listing was for a 97 cobra intake with cam covers shipped to VA for 350, way cheaper then the 600 on ebay.Upon arrive i chucked the stock lincoln and now have my cobra intake, it makes the swap look more complete

whiteponygt

After getting the motor fit in i then had to remove it for painting the firewall. Once the painting was done and over with i started working on the brakes the gt donor car i used had been sitting a while so rust was an issue i scrubbed sanded and paint the calipers and replaced the rotors for a nice new look. With the brakes done i turned my attention back to the motor. With some debate on the site the gt donor harness is able run the IMRC but i chose not to use them and deleted them the cheapest way i know how.

Attachments

• IMG_20130921_122237_241.jpg
    IMG_20130921_122237_241.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_20130921_141454_460.jpg
    IMG_20130921_141454_460.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 78
  • new size24.jpg
    new size24.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_20130924_190850_306.jpg
    IMG_20130924_190850_306.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 84

whiteponygt

With all the easy stuff out of the way i have no came to the part i was dreading the wiring i took a bit of time routing everything out of the way for a stock look a few cuts here and there and everything seem to lay in nicely. I have everything routed now and am working with futuraguy on trying to get this thing fired up, wish me luck, that is after i get a new fuel pump this was a new pump i put in my donor car in june. Well that was a years progress hope to have a video of it running maybe after the holidays.

Attachments

• IMG_20130924_194316_908.jpg
    IMG_20130924_194316_908.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_20130924_182909_565.jpg
    IMG_20130924_182909_565.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 92
  • DSCN2120.JPG
    DSCN2120.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 87
  • DSCN2119.JPG
    DSCN2119.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 95
  • DSCN2131.JPG
    DSCN2131.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_20130924_190440_725.jpg
    IMG_20130924_190440_725.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_20130925_174617_647.jpg
    IMG_20130925_174617_647.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 94

whiteponygt

Sorry haven't been on in a while finally blew the dust off the ole girl and started working again, started buy parts again with Christmas gone ive bought all the gaskets and a bbk 225 fuel pmup but other then that nothing good, I tried and tired but finally admitted defeat and farmed out the wiring to a buddy me and him are working now to get everything wired up hopefully will have a running video with in the next week or two fingers crossed

whiteponygt

I've looked on the internet and have searched the site and I don't know if I'm over looking it or not but buy chance does anyone one have a diagram or a pin out on the 40 body harness connector that I need to tap into for my wiring?

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
I've looked on the internet and have searched the site and I don't know if I'm over looking it or not but buy chance does anyone one have a diagram or a pin out on the 40 body harness connector that I need to tap into for my wiring?
which one? The one off the mark VIII? Do you have a picture of it.. I might have it..

whiteponygt

Sorry Let Me Be More Specific That Was ARatheR Open Request, I need A Diagram Or A Pin Out Of The 40 Pin ConnectorFrom A 97 MustangIt Comes Threw The Fire Wall On Thedriver Side And Connects To The Dash Harness With A #10 Bolt The Harness Houses The Wires That Power Gauges And So forth

whiteponygt

Quick Up Date Got The Coil On Plug Conversion Done Cleaned Up The Front Of The Motor Alot, Got Every Reassembled And Fuel Pump Hook UpFuel Pump Started Worked Turnes The Key It Cranked 3 Times And Starters Toast.....Fml My Luck So Soon As I Get Anothet Starter On This Thing Then A video

whiteponygt

No thats plug 104 the one i need is actually inside of the car its the big connector that goes to the dash the location is driver side kick panel but it looks just like that one

whiteponygt

So mainly looking for opinions here did everyone make a jumper harness when wiring in their stock dash harness to the mod motor, like futura did on his,or did some take a different approach?

whiteponygt

Ok after doing the cop conversion and checking my wires over and over to make sure they were right which they were just not wired right if that makes since, we've established that the cop was wired wrong. Thanks a bunch Kurt you really saved the day on that one. So I guess speaking from personal experience when in doubt ask for help. I'm trying to attach a video if it will let me, well have to see how this goes. If I cant get the video on here spoiler alert we got her to fun still having a fuel issue, but got it to run on starting fluid for a couple of sec's, It may not seem like a lot to many but when you've been on a project for a year it felt awesome hopefully well get the fuel issue fixed and get yall a longer video.

whiteponygt

Ok so finally got the car fired up and fixed fuel issues now comes the fun part, I'm still working with futureguy on getting this thing wired not to scare anyone but here's where I am with the dash harness still have the fox harness to go, im lucky its not just me on this we spend 5 hrs tracing wires but hopefully when im done ill have the fox dash with keyless entry and obd2 scan plug. What the pic is of is the complete dash harness that we have labeled and separated into two piles what were keeping and what's trash

Attachments

• wiring for white car.jpg
    wiring for white car.jpg
    820.6 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_20140215_181455_347.jpg
    IMG_20140215_181455_347.jpg
    904.7 KB · Views: 87

whiteponygt

Finally got the gauges wired up, after countless attempts to make our own harness we finally just chucked that idea and used the 1997 gt dash harness and cut and spliced the 90 connectors on then mated the two body harness right behind the drivers seat. Only thing we had to change was had to splice in the rear defrost module.. more to come..i hope